The Gerontological Society of America will hold its Annual Scientific Meeting in Indianapolis in early November. Many of our UCSF HWRC team and collaborators will be participating as session chairs, discussants, and presenters. Many of our colleagues from UCSF will be presenting as well. Please look for us and introduce yourself!
- 12 - 1:30 PM: Jason Flatt (UNLV) will chair and be a discussant in the session “Recruitment and Engagement of LGBTQIA+ Older Adults into Aging Research” in Convention Center 211.
- 4:30 – 6 PM: Kezia Scales (PHI) will chair and be a discussant in the session “The Health of the Direct Care Workforce: Evidence and Implications Across Long-Term Care” in Convention Center 204. In this session, Stephen McCall (Altarum) will present “Caring for Caregivers: Health and Healthcare Experiences of Direct Care Workers” and Soo-Jeong Lee (UCSF) will present “Impact of COVID-19 on Occupational Injury Among Long-Term Care Workers in California.”
- 12 - 1:30 PM: Denise Tyler (RTI) will chair the session “Policy Attention Needed to Improve Direct Care Worker Wages and Other Challenges” in Convention Center 232. In this session, Denise will present “Effect of State Wage Policies on Direct Care Worker Wages” and Robyn Stone (LeadingAge), who is on HWRC’s technical advisory group, will be a discussant.
- 2 – 3 PM: Joanne Spetz (UCSF) will present the poster “Factors Predicting Family Member Provision of Assistance with Activities of Daily Living for Seniors.”
- 4:30 – 6 PM: Joanne Spetz (UCSF) will chair the session “Workforce Issues Across the Long-Term Care Continuum” in Convention Center 231. In this session, Joanne will present “The Relationship between Adult Day Health Center Ownership, Staffing, and Participant Outcomes.”
- 12 - 1:30 PM: Robyn Stone (LeadingAge) will be a discussant in the session “Programs to Improve Quality of Life and Health: What Do Older Adults and Practitioners Think?” in Convention Center 235.
- 12 - 1:30 PM: Denise Tyler (RTI) will chair the session “Nursing Facility Quality, Closures, and Staffing” in Convention Center 211. In this session, Denise will present “State Use of Value-Based Payment in Nursing Facilities.”